So I’ve been scratching my chin, furrowing my brow and pondering the topic of skincare a lot recently. Priorities, right? But there’s just something about my current regime that just isn’t clicking. I’ve done my research, going out of my way to select formulas that settle on the right balance between both natural and effective ingredients, taken direction from the experts, drinking a shed load of water, heck even exercising – but my skin just ain’t thanking me for it. It’s redder in places than it’s been in a long time and a little uneven in texture – not horrendous – but it’s seen better days. So what am I going to do about it? Well luckily I’ve been keeping notes on this one…
- I think it’s time for me to oomph up my manual exfoliation. I think it’s time to slowly introduce an old friend back into the clique – my L’Oreal Paris Anti Breakout Exfoliating Scrub. I am slowly bringing this back and my face feels clean.
- When life gives you a red face, you go back to your ‘I know this isn’t going to break me out’-backup supplies. Turns out through the powers of deduction there’s some really good products that I shunned when something newer landed on my desk due to my attention span of an old goldfish. Bio Oil, what happened to you? Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Reflection Serum come back.
- Sleep – I love it. And a routine that took a fair amount of time to complete before bed and cut into my evening Veep viewing was always a bit of a problem. I’m thinking of shaving out a few steps and cutting it back to a cleanse-tone-serum moisturise thing. Five minutes. Dunzo.
- Not so much a tangible point, but I’ve come to the realisation that I know my skin pretty well. We’ve been together for 27 years now and I’ve got a rough idea of what my skin does and doesn’t like, the fact that it will go red if you come at me with that Nivea skincare, but will look kick-ass if I sleep in the Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Overnight Mask. There’s so much literature out there that’s contradictory and it can get in your head space a bit; but take a rain check, evaluate your routine and you’ll work it out. I’ll keep you posted on how my rejig works out.
- So here’s how it currently looks:
- Morning: Olay Total Effects Cleanser (another oldie I forgot about) washed off, Lakme Skin Gloss Reflection Serum, Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Gel Creme, Vichy Eau Thermale*, VLCC Ultra Radiance Tinted Sunscreen SPF 50.
- Evening: Kama Ayurveda Organic Neem Oil, L’Oreal Paris Anti Breakout Exfoliating Scrub, Lakme Skin Gloss Reflection Serum, Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Gel Creme.
- Additions: I’ll use the Vichy Normaderm Purifying Cleansing Gel, on days when I decide against the L’Oreal Scrub – it’s all in the balance. And on days where I really can’t be bothered I’ll just cleanse in the evening and slap on the Lakme Skin Gloss Cream.
A few changes, but it’s back to the good stuff. Thank gawd for the blog acting like a skincare dairy – what would I do without you?